At RM Services of NC, LLC, we believe the identified patient is the whole family system. Studies have shown that by working with the entire family system, the identified patient has up to a 50% greater chance of having a positive outcome in their own recovery.
What is family coaching?
Recovery coaching is a form of strength-based support for loved ones, family members, friends, or co-workers who want to learn healthier ways to support the person of concern.
Family recovery coaches assist with:
- Educating the family on the disease of addiction and the parallel process.
- Creating, setting, and maintaining boundaries.
- Learning healthier and more effective communication skills.
- Assisting the client in putting the focus on themselves and their own self-care.
- Help explore their options for support groups and create a support system.